FROZ'N MOTION PRICE LIST PAGE

Sunday, January 18, 2009

From Between The Stone Feet Of Shiva




I just think it's important to be direct and honest with people about why you're photographing them and what you're doing. After all, you are taking some of their soul.
~Mary Ellen Mark


This one I stole.

I must confess that I stole her soul without asking in this shot. Normally I always ask people when I'm traveling if it's OK to photograph them.
But for this particular shot, I didn't have the chance.

Her father had asked her to stand between the feet of the massive statue above her and helped her climb up. I was off to one side photographing the big statue on the other side of roughly carved door to her left and didn't even notice her until her father called for her to step down.
It was at that precise moment, as she was a split second away from climbing down off the stone plinth, that she shot a gaze towards me. It was then that I clicked her image.
This is the only image I took of her.

Elephanta Caves, near Mumbai, India, May 8 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment